When I embarked on this Paleo diet, I wasn’t sure at all if it would work. After all, i already stopped eating white rice (Singaporean Chinese staple food) for quite a while already, but still on grains like granola, wholemeal bread and tortilla wraps. I was also drinking my calcium powder on a daily basis.
I slowly cut grains and dairy out slowly over the recent period of time. For the past 1 month, I have been eating mainly the following:
- Greek Yogurt
- Steamed fish (salmon, spanish mackerel)
- Steamed chicken fillet/ breast
- Eggs (hardboiled, softboiled)
- My mum’s soups (pork rib soup base, with varying ingredients e.g. lotus roots, spinach, meatballs etc)
- dark chocolate
- stir-fried vegetables/ meat dishes cooked with olive oil
- Oolong tea
- Green tea
- Black coffee with unrefined brown sugar
- Fruits (all sorts of berries, grapes, bananas, oranges)
In fact I have cut down on bananas and grapes for the past week. I dropped half a kilogram!
I finished up my remaining greek yogurt for breakfast – it did not look like a lot but i was like, so full after i finished the tub 😦 and i had very sweet strawberries as part of my lunch!
The other part of my lunch – spanish mackerel 🙂 very nice!
I bought these baked almonds (unsalted) yesterday and NTUC and i kinda regret it now – coz they are so addictive. see how much i’ve eaten yesterday and today! I should hide it for a while. too much of these isn’t gonna help if i wanna lose weight.
I’m 56kg as of today – no change from yesterday. 1 more kg to my goal of 55kg – supposed to hit 55 by 31 December 2013.. I’m actually late already, but better late than never 🙂